Thursday 24 April 2014

Poda Island

I had arrived to Ao Nang, Krabi the day before. I had a minor medical problem that required a surgical procedure (but that´s a whole other story).

I came back from the clinic, and there they were: a girl I met the day before when I arrived, who was from Singapur, and two other girls I didn´t know, one from Switzerland and the other from Ukraine. They were sitting in the Hostel, waiting for me, to go to the beach. That´s the awesome feeling I love from being a solo traveler, you experience this gratitude when people you don´t even know give you support and this selfless kindness. By the way, I´m still in touch with them :)


Someone proposed to go to Poda Island, an island close to Ao Nang where you can go for the day with a cheap taxi boat. There we went, to find one of the most beautiful beaches I´ve ever seen. The water is really clear and there are very beautiful fish swimming by you in the shore, which makes it a good beach to snorkel. 


It wasn´t as crowded as other beaches, which was refresing in Thailand! And it was quiet and relaxing. 

Tip: take water as it´s very expensive there compared to supermarkets.





No comments:

Post a Comment