Monday 28 April 2014

Vietnam faces

Vietnam for me was a very interesting destination. When I was there, the weather was pretty bad, cold, foggy, rainy. This gave the whole experience a different feeling. I liked Vietnam, but it disturbed me to see the sadness in so many people. Other countries I visited have also suffered from recent wars, and suffer poverty, but in Vietnam at least I could feel a different vibe. Sadness, even hostility at times. That trip made me think how important is the culture and the way it sees and processes things. Cambodia, right next to Vietnam, also suffered a war recently, and you can even see a lot of people without arms or legs because of the mines, but they lived more happily, more spontaneously. 

Of course I also met some amazing people from Vietnam (read the Malaria test in Sapa post http://travellerstuff.blogspot.com/2014/04/positivism-while-travelling-malaria.html), but there was like a general energy that was very different and felt a little bit bleak.

Here are some pictures of men and women in Vietnam. They were taken in Hanoi and Hoi An.






No comments:

Post a Comment