Thursday 24 July 2014

The Opera in Vienna

I only had two days in Vienna, by the end of the most spontaneous trip I ever made. The thing is I didn´t really have a budget, cause it was a really unplanned trip.

I arrived to Vienna at night, very tired, so I searched for a place to eat (which I didn´t find and ended up eating a twix bar with a beer at the hostel. Yeah, really weird!). The next morning I woke up and started my marathon to see Vienna in one and a half day. Beautiful city. But the greatest gift in Vienna was to go to the Opera. I didn´t even dream of going, as tickets are generally quite expensive, however, during the free-walking tour, I met an Argentinian and a Uruguayan who told me that there are 3 Euro tickets if you go around 20 minutes before the start time of that day´s performance. You have to watch it standing on your feet, no seats, but still, you get to go to Vienna´s Opera! 

With my only night left in the city, I went some hours earlier to ask which performance was scheduled for the night, and for my absolute joy, I found out the Nutcracker was! Did I mention I used to be a dancer and love Musicals and Dance? I would have enjoyed any performance and the place itself is worth seeing, but it was a dream night.

If you ever go to Vienna, don´t miss the chance to go to the Opera and see whatever there is to see, totally worth it, and price friendly! Ask some hours earlier just in case.







No comments:

Post a Comment